This page describes what information they gather, how we use it and why we sometimes need to store these cookies.
What are Cookies
Unfortunately, in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
The Cookies we set
- Email newsletters related cookies:
This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Site preferences cookies:
In order to provide you with a great experience on this website, we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page that is affected by your preferences.
- Account-related cookies:
- Login related cookies:
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses analytics to help us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work, social media sites, including LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- When incorporating content from other providers, they may set third-party cookies. These include but are not limited to: Google, Google Maps, You Tube, Vimeo. You are advised to consult their privacy and cookie policies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. See your browser Help for how to do this. Here are instructions for some of the most commonly used browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471
Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the general functionality and specific features of this and many other websites that you visit, resulting in the downgrade or breaking of certain elements of the sites.
Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Note that the information collected for the purpose of analytics on our website is not shared with external parties. We rely on the software developed by Matomo, an ethical alternative to Google Analytics, which gives us 100% ownership over the data and ensures full compliance with GDPR.